14 Days | Yoga Retreat India | Intermediate & Advanced Levels
(Minimum 10 day stay)
This two week Intensive Yoga Retreat in India is best for the students who already have a foundation in yoga, but not regular in their daily practice. Under the guidance of our expert teachers, this Yoga Retreat in India can help you to explore more challenging asanas and pranayamas, and delve deeper into yoga philosophy. The four hours of daily yoga practice can challenge you to explore your body, breath and mind. The theory classes on Philosophy and Psychology of Yoga can take your understanding of yoga beyond the yoga mat, to spiritualize the mundane daily lifestyle.
We expect that you are physically and mentally fit enough to handle the intensity of this retreat. If you find this schedule too intensive, you may want to come for our Beginners Yoga Retreats where the yoga sessions are lighter and there is only one theory class a day.
Average group size: 5 – 10 students only. So, you get plenty of personal attention!
If you cannot spare 2 weeks, it is possible to come for 10 days. It is ideally recommended to start on the first day with other students, then depart after 10 days. It might be possible to join in a few days later, if we have enough accommodation. The cost for 10 days will be the same as the full 2 week retreat. During the off season from May to September, we might allow 7 nights stay at half the cost of the retreat. Please email our office to enquire about the availability between May and September.
What do you get in this Yoga retreat in India?
- Meditation: twice daily, various guided techniques
- Morning practice: intensive asanas and pranayamas
- Evening practice: mixed level asana and pranayama
- Yoga Philosophy: Bhagavad Gita or Yoga in a Big Picture
- Ayurveda: an introduction to Ayurveda in daily life
- Detox: daily Neti practice, Kapalabhati.
- Video Shows: Yoga, Ayurveda and Indian Culture etc.
- Chanting: Once a week
- Private one to one Coaching / consultation
- 108 Sun Salutations on the final day
Daily Schedule for Indian Yoga Retreats
- 06:00 – 06:40 am: Meditation
- 06:40 – 07:00 am: Jala Neti
- 07:00 – 09:00 am: Asanas + Pranayamas
- 09:00 – 10:30 am: Brunch
- 10:30 – 12:00 pm: Yoga Philosophy
- 12:00 – 01:00 pm: Free time / Private coaching
- 01:00 – 02:00 pm: Fruits / Snacks
- 02:30 – 04:00 pm: Ayurveda / Yoga Theory
- 04:30 – 06:30 pm: Asana Pranayamas and Meditation / Nature Walk
- 07:00– 08:00 pm: Dinner
- 08:00 – 09:00 pm: Video Shows / Chanting
- 10:00 pm – 10:00 am: Silence / Self-Reflection
This time table is subject to change as per weather conditions.
Classes are held 6 days a week. The 7th day is for optional Day-Trips.
Please note : This yoga retreat India will be running in parallel with other yoga Retreats. When the number of students is less than 5, we may combine the morning meditation / philosophy class with other groups.
If these dates do not work for you, you may want to come for Beginners Yoga Retreat, and request to join with the Yoga Teacher Training students, for the morning meditation and intensive asana classes and afternoon Yoga Sutra classes. The evening practice will be mixed-level, with Yoga Immersion students. This request is granted depending upon the number of students in other groups. If you are accepted for this customized program, you will have to pay an extra of $100 – $200 above the normal rates for Beginnners Yoga Retreat, depending upon the extra classes added.
Upcoming Dates for Yoga Retreats India
|October 20 - November 2, 2022|
|November 10 - 23, 2022|
|November 25 - December 8, 2022|
|December 12 - 26, 2022|
|January 20 - February 2, 2023|
|February 23 - March 8, 2023|
|March 30 - April 12, 2023|
Pricing for Yoga Retreat in India:
Discounted INR Pricing for the residents of India
We are offering special discounts and scholarships for residents of India. However, the number of spots in each course is limited. To qualify for these discounts or scholarships, please email [email protected] with the following information: Introduction about yourself, background in Yoga, specific dates and program you are interested in, and why do you want to participate in this retreat?
For Twin-Share Accommodation:
Female students can book the twin-share accommodation online and we will find another female student to share the room.
For male students, please book twin-share room online only if you have a partner to share the room. If not, please email to [email protected] to place you on the wait-list. Whenever we hear from another male student wanting to share a room, we will email you back with a link to register.
Pricing includes :
New yoga mat.
Books & neti pot.
14 days of all ayurvedic/vegetarian meals and drinks.
14 days of Accommodation, with attached bathroom.
1 GB of complimentary Wi-Fi.
Evening Walks/meditation/mantra chanting/video shows etc.
Transport / Flight Tickets.
Payment processing fees charged by Paypal / Payment Gateways / Currency Exchange fees.
Our courses are taught by at least four expert teachers and supported by more than 10 staff. The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked mostly with vegetables from our own organic farm or bought from local farmers.
Airport Transfers can be organized at extra cost.
- Day before Start date: Arrival and rest.
- Starting Date: Includes a ceremony and orientation.
- Day 7: Cultural Tour.
- Last Day: Departure (possible to extend your stay).
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $30/day, includes all meals and drinks. This price doesn’t include any classes or activities.
We organize Cultural Tours on every seventh day which is a day-off from classes. Please check the Day Tours page in our website for more information. The tour costs are not included in the course fees and need to be paid separately. It will cost about $10 to $20 maximum for each trip.
Please email to info(at)ayuryoga-ashram.com.