Ayurveda Detoxification Therapy
Duration: 14 /21 /28 days of Intense Body-Mind Detox
Panchakarma, which literally means ‘five detox processes’ in Sanskrit, is a transformative ayurvedic therapy to remove toxins and to restore the natural constitution of body.
Every single day, our body accumulates various kinds of toxins from food, drinks, environment etc. This toxic accumulation, known as Ama in Ayurveda, disturbs the natural biochemistry and functioning of all organs within the body. Over the years, the toxins in the body blocks the flow of Prana (vital energy) which causes imbalance in the five elements and three Dosha constitution of our body, and mind too.
Five Panchakarma Treatments:
- Nasya: Cleansing of five Sense Organs and Nervous System through nostrils.
- Vamana: Cleansing of Digestive System, by medically induced vomiting.
- Virechana: Cleansing of intestines in stomach, through medically induced purgation.
- Basti: Cleansing of colon, enema by inducing ayurvedic herbal oils/decoctions.
- Rakta Mochana: Cleansing of Blood, with the help of leeches.
Please note all five processes are not necessary for every individual. Based on your age, medical condition, doshic imbalance, our doctors will decide the appropriate treatments and duration of each. Please read our Ayurveda Treatments page for more details of these Panchakarma therapies.
Ayurvedic Panchakarma Detox at AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is offered in three stages given below. Ideally it take about 21 days to 28 days to complete four/five detox processes. A minimum of 14 days is required to give at least one/two detox therapies. Sorry we don’t offer Pachakarma for guest staying less than 14 days.
- Purvakarma: Preparing the body for detox, includes daily oil massages, steam bath etc. and changes in diet, lifestyle, oral medication etc.
- Pradhanakarma: the main detoxification treatments, listed above.
- Paschatkarma: restoration of body, by rejuvenation therapies.
Who can take Pachakarma Detox?
Ayurvedic Pachakarma detox is used as the foundational therapy to cure all chronic illness. Even the people without any chronic illnesses can go through pachakarma detox for general well-being.
- Lifestyle under constant stress and feel tired all the time – poor blood and lymph circulation.
- Addicted to tobacco, alcohol or drugs, if you are willing to stay away from them during therapy.
- Taking prescription medicines for a long period.
- Suffering from ailments such as arthritis, rheumatism, chronic digestive problems, constipation, migraine etc.
- Eating unhealthy diet and lack of sleep.
How will you Benefit from Pachakarma Treatment?
Removal of toxins helps in restoring natural biochemistry.
Improved metabolism helps in Prana body to stay energetic.
Removal of Lactic Acid from the muscles and joints through regular massages.
Helps in Hormonal balance.
Improved blood circulation helps to restore appetite, sleep quality, concentration and memory.
Panchakarma is not advisable if you are pregnant, menstruating or lactating, or suffer from the following conditions:
Cancer of the lungs or testicles, Melanoma, HIV or AIDS, Extreme obesity, Lympho-Sarcoma, Hypertension, Congestive heart failure, Angina Pectoris, Emaciation, any infectious diseases.
Ashram Life Style
The ayurvedic therapies offered at our ashram can be more effective by following the suggested diet, yoga, meditation and a relaxed life style in natural settings. Ayurveda Treatments for Panchakarma change every three days and timing of the treatment can be anywhere between 7 am to 7 pm, depends on the type of treatment on that particular day. The general recommended schedule for ayurveda clients can be as follows:
- 06:00 am: Meditation* (morning session only when Yoga Retreats are going on)
- 06:30 am: Herbal Drinks
- 07:00 am: Yoga*
- 09:00 am: Breakfast
- 01:00 pm: Lunch
- 04.00 pm: Yoga*
- 06.00 pm: Meditation*/Mantras/ Nature Walk
- 07.00 pm: Dinner
- 08.00 pm: Video/Chanting (Optional)
* Ayurveda treatment packages include only one yoga session and one meditation session per a day, six days per week. Depending on the time of year, we may offer two timings for yoga class, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. You can choose one of them – not both. It is suggested to minimize physical and mental strain to see the best results from your Ayurveda therapies.
Pricing for Panchakarma Detox Therapy:
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in after 4 pm on the first day. Treatments start the next morning.
Check-out by 10 am on the last day.
Early check-in / late check-out are subject to additional charges.
Additional Days with Treatment :
$100 USD/day/Twin-share + Food
$130 USD/day/Private Room + Food
Additional Days without Treatment :
$40/day Room + Food.
If a yoga and meditation class is already being offered, you’re welcome to join.
Discounted INR Pricing for the residents of India
We are offering special discounts and scholarships for residents of India. However, the number of spots in each retreat is limited. To qualify for these discounts or scholarships, please email [email protected] with the following information: Introduction about yourself, background in Ayurveda, specific dates and program you are interested in, and why do you want to participate in this retreat?
Twin-Share pricing is applied only when you book with another person.
If you want to reduce the cost by sharing the room with the same gender, please email us the probable dates along with your name, age, gender, medical history etc. Then, we can try to find a suitable roommate to share. If another person agrees we can share their contact info. with you to plan a trip together.
We offer special discounted prices and complementary additions for group of at least 10 people. Please email us for group pricing: info(at)ayuryoga-ashram.com . Travel agent can avail commissions on both group and retail bookings.
Pricing includes :
Daily one Ayurveda Treatment, about 6o to 90 minutes.
All ayurvedic oral medication during the treatment days.
Daily one Yoga session, six days per week.
Daily one Meditation session, six days per week.
All ayurvedic/vegetarian meals and drinks, suggested by doctor.
Accommodation, with attached bathroom.
1 GB of complimentary Wi-Fi.
Evening Walks/meditation/mantra chanting/video shows etc.
Transport / Flight Tickets.
Payment processing fees charged by Paypal / Payment Gateways / Currency Exchange fees.
Airport Transfers can be organized at extra cost. Please check “Travel & Visas” page on this website.
Please email to info(at)ayuryoga-ashram.com.