10 Inspirational Quotes For Yoga Students Seeking A Spiritual Path
When one first discovers yoga, what they are truly discovering is a path to themselves and God. While the West has mostly interpreted yoga as a physical practice through asanas that allows more flexibility, the true essence of yoga has always been a practice that takes one down towards a path to self-realization, enlightenment, or union with All That Is.
One of the key elements of yoga is to be able to control ones own mind (or thoughts) and breath as this plays a vital role in how one expresses themselves through their physical body. As human beings, we are cultivating and broadcasting an energy frequency through our consciousness out into the world and adding our energy into the collective consciousness.
Why does this matter?
Look at any challenge you see in the world: greed, pollution, conflict, egotism, hate, and so on and you will find that these are all being manifested through the collective conscious. Many of the people we see in the world who are displaying these traits are nothing more than a reflection or symptom of our collective thoughts and frequency.
This is why quotes such as, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” by Mahtama Ghandi is so powerful because the best way to change the world is by changing yourself. By devoting your life to the yogic path and cultivating your frequency, you then add that energy back to the collective which is then accessible to the rest of humanity.
Your peaceful and positive energy acts as a domino that then touches others and is able to effect the world through this way. So as you begin your yogic path, be mindful of this and know that everything you do is having a direct impact into the world around us.
Here are 10 more quotes that you can use to inspire you along your journey:
- The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in. –B.K.S Iyengar
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. – Swami Vivekananda
- Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself…… ― Paramahansa Yogananda
- You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God. – T. Krishnamacharya
- The key to any lasting contentment is learning to see and accept reality for what it is and then acting skillfully, rather than reacting when reality fails to conform to our expectations. ― Bhava Ram
- You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness. ― Terence McKenna
- Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul. – Amit Ray
- Crying is one of the highest devotional songs. One who knows crying, knows spiritual practice. If you can cry with a pure heart, nothing else compares to such a prayer. Crying includes all the principles of Yoga. ― Kripalvanandji
- Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment. ― Eckhart Tolle